Monday, July 11, 2011

12 Hours Later...

The ride was hell. I'll be honest. The farther and farther I got from LG (funny that stands for both my mother and my boyfriend) the more and more my heart broke. I have never done something like this alone, and the fact that he wasn't with me was devastating. But I guess it is my own doing. I asked him not to come. I truly told him he wasn't allowed. I regret that. I want to share this experience with him. And everyone is so proud of me for doing this, this growing up thing. It sucks. Did you know that? Having to pull yourself out of everything you have known to achieve a dream that many people have judged you for.

I like bugs. Not all bugs, like crickets. Crickets are the devil. I went to Pet Club today and they have these crickets... GEEZ! They might give me nightmares! They aren't like the ones in Petsmart in UT. These are massive death crickets. My leopard gecko is even afraid of them! He maybe ate 4 and then tried to run away! I hate them. I guess "The industry is changing to Jamaican Crickets." Screw. That. If I have to special order brown crickets online for my little Monster, then dang it I will. I already have to order frozen pinkie mice for Squirt my king snake because paying $1.49 a piece is rediculous! But as I was saying... I love bugs. And I love how fascinating they are. I understand people don't like them to the extent I do, but I am tired of being labled the freak. There are some people who respect it, like MS who posted a picture of a beautiful Swallow Tailed Butterfly and then tagged me in it to ask me what it was. Some people see that it's needed to have entomologists in the world. To others, they think I've gone mental for loving the animals I love. I love insects. I get giddy seeing tarantulas in pet stores. My beetles fascinate me.. even though they keep eating each other. My king snake is the coolest flippin thing on the planet, and I can talk your ear off about ball python genetics. My heart flutters looking at a Kenyan Sand Boa, and when I'm sad I look at other reptiles that I could own one day. They make me happy. People don't get that.

Maybe that's why I'm here. I'm trying to find a group of people who love the creepy crawlers as much as I do. Who understands what it's like.

This is my song for the day. Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMabBGydC0

2 comments:

  1. LG is also for grandma. Craziness. And my phone is an LG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I love your love of bugs and stuff! :) I just also wish you had a love of photography so I could see them! I guess I'll just have to take more pics, yes??

    ReplyDelete